1. The customer will enter a confidential password and receive an AlfaSent account number when registering for a new account with AlfaSent. The customer shall maintain the security and confidentiality of the password. The customer is responsible for all directions, orders, notifications, expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through use of the customer's account. The customer must immediately alert AlfaSent of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal or suspicious use of the service or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that is reasonably suspected by the customer.
2. If the customer refuses to accept mail, packages or parcels from AlfaSent mailed or forwarded to the customer pursuant to this agreement, AlfaSent may return the mail or package to the original sender and charge the customer for any return postage and all other fees and expenses reasonably incurred by AlfaSent in connection with such returns. Upon the request of AlfaSent, the customer must sign for or otherwise acknowledge its acceptance of all mail, packages and parcels sent to the customer by AlfaSent.
3. AlfaSent will NOT accept parcels or packages delivered on a COD (Cash on Delivery) basis.
4. AlfaSent will not accept parcels or packages for individuals other than the customer.
5. AlfaSent cannot be held responsible for the contents of any package.
6. AlfaSent cannot be held responsible for goods lost in transit between the Supplier and the AlfaSent Warehouse facility.
7. The customer will take all reasonable measures to ensure that goods are correctly addressed to their AlfaSent address.
8. The customer is responsible for declaring the correct valuation of each item for the purpose of Duty and Tax payments. Shipments may be inspected at any time by import customs authorities and shipments with incorrect valuations may be held at customs or subject to penalties.
9. When the customer requests packages to be shipped and has paid shipping charges and storage costs (if incurred), AlfaSent will transport the shipment to the customer's home country and deliver it to the address given at Registration.
10. AlfaSent will make every reasonable effort to deliver the shipment according to their regular delivery schedules, but these are not guaranteed and do not form part of the contract. AlfaSent is not liable for any damage or loss caused by delays.
11. AlfaSent will provide the customer, as an Exporter, with a delivery address at The AlfaSent Export facility.
12. AlfaSent will receive deliveries on behalf of the customer to this address in good faith.
13. Every shipment is transported on a limited liability basis, relating to direct loss only and limited to US$100 per shipment. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including, but not limited to, lost profits, income, consequential loss, interest or future business). Extra insurance will be offered to the customer at the time of shipping.
14. AlfaSent is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond AlfaSents control. These include, but are not limited to:
- Deliveries at the Export facility;
- An Act of God, for example earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog;
- Force Majeure, for example war, plane crash or embargo;
- Any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the shipment, even if known to AlfaSent;
- Riot, civil commotion or industrial action;
- Damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings due to electrical or magnetic interference.
15. AlfaSent reserves the right to refuse delivery if the goods are obviously damaged or prohibited and will return the goods to the sender. AlfaSent will notify the customer if damaged or prohibited goods are returned to the sender.
16. AlfaSent will store packages for the customer, free of charge, for a period of 30 days from the date received at our warehouse facility.
17. After 30 days in storage, packages will incur a charge of £2.50 per day which will be payable by the customer at the time of requesting shipment.
18. After 60 days in storage, AlfaSent reserve the right to release, dispose of, or sell a package without incurring any liability whatsoever to the customer or anyone else.
19. Shipping charges are as shown on the website. Volumetric weight may apply on bulky, lightweight packages.
20. The customer agrees to obey all applicable laws and regulations in effect in the country from which the goods are shipped, and in the country in which the goods are received.
21. The customer will not use AlfaSent to either receive or send illegal, hazardous or dangerous materials, prohibited goods or controlled substances. The customer will be responsible for any penalties or fines resulting from a violation of this condition.
22. AlfaSent, or any company acting on their behalf has the right to open and inspect any shipment, or part thereof, for security purposes, without prior notice to the customer.
23. In the case of loss or damage of all or part of a shipment, AlfaSent will refund the shipping charges for the affected goods by the same method as the customer paid for the shipping.
24. AlfaSent may terminate the customer's membership if the terms and conditions in this agreement are violated.
25. AlfaSent reserves the right to change or modify service charges at any time.
26. AlfaSent reserves the right to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions anytime. The customer is advised to review the terms and conditions periodically.